You could find tomatoes all around the market on Tomato Day - from heirloom to organic.
Chef Caren was on the scene preparing 2 tomato dishes for customers to taste. Below is a recipe for an incredible tomato sandwich.
Crispy Pancetta, Mozzarella and Tomato Salad Sandwiches
12 thin slices pancetta (bacon)
6 1/2 inch slices of tomatoes
1/2 cup torn basil leaves
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
6 slices brioche lightly toasted
6 slices mozzarella cheese
4 cups spring mix or baby arugula
1. Cook pancetta in pan in oven at 350 for 10 minutes until dry an crisp.
2. Place tomato on platter, add basil, olive oil, oregano and salt.
3. Sprinkle with black pepper. Allow to stand 30 minutes.
4. Toast bread, top with pancetta, mozzarella, tomato and spring mix.
5. Sprinkle with balsamic glace.
As we slide into Fall, 2 new vendors will be joining us. Stay tuned.