It's a great time of year at the Farmers' Market. Corn, blueberries and tomatoes have just recently come into season. Now peaches are ready to be picked.
We've really had some great crowds at the market each week. Whether it's raining or the sun is shining, people keep coming back for the delicious Jersey produce, our prepared foods and the live entertainment.
With peaches now in-season, and grilling on everyone's minds, here is a very simple yet delicious end to a grilled meal. Peaches are grilled with a balsamic glaze, then served up with crumbled blue cheese. Perfect for summer entertaining!
3 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons ground black peppercorns
2 large fresh peaches with skins, halved
2 1/2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar
balsamic vinegar and pepper. Simmer until liquid has
reduced by one half. It should become slightly thicker.
Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place peaches on the
grill, cut side down. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until
the flesh is caramelized.
4. Turn peaches over. Brush the top sides with balsamic glaze
and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Place peaches on serving dishes and drizzle with remaining
glaze. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and enjoy.